VFW Audio High School Essay Scholarship Contest
The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States (VFW) sponsor an audio high school essay scholarship contest each and every year called the Voice of Democracy essay contest. The Voice of Democracy is an audio VFW essay scholarship contest, which means it’s a essay contest you have to write, then you put it on audio. The competition for these high school essay contests is impressive. This VFW audio essay contest is aimed at the high school age and educational group. Lets examine this VFW essay contest a little closer so that we may obtain an understanding to its origin, purpose and legacy.
The Voice of Democracy Contest was established in 1947 over a half -century ago. This audio essay contest is for high school students in grades 9-12. Each and every year this high school essay contest provides over $3 million dollars in awards. The VFW scholarship competition begins at each individual VFW departments around the United States. First you win the department award and then you move up in the competition process. All essay scholarship winners have the opportunity to receive other VFW national scholarships on the way to the top prize ranging from $1,000 to $16,000. In addition, each department winner receives an all expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. that is sponsored by Target.
The first prize for the Voice of Democracy Audio Essay Contest, after competing against all of the VFW department winners, is $30,000 and it is paid directly to the American university, college or vocational school of the winner’s choice. This is a hugh essay scholarship contest award, easily in the top 5% for largest essay scholarships. The whole purpose of the Voice of Democracy program is to allow students to present his or her patriotism by allowing them to provide a three to five minute essay surrounding an annual theme. In past years the VFW Commander-In-Chief chooses the theme to be written about. It is meant to be broad in scope so that the student will have flexibility in interpretation and therefore encourage originality. The nature of the VFW is patriotic so the theme always revolves around patriotism. The 2009-2010 theme is “Does America Still Have Hero’s”? The deadline for the essays scholarships applications is November 1, 2009.
Students who wish to participate in these VFW scholarship essay contest must submit the required entry form and their written or audio essay to their local VFW Post. Go to VFW Local Post to find one in your area. For more information on the VFW Voice of Democracy Contests please visit VFW Audio High School Essay Contest.
or call you may also call the VFW National Programs office at 816-968-1117 for more VFW essay scholarship contest questions.
- Read about the Patriot Pen VFW essay scholarship contest
- VFW Scholarships for Veterans Children
- A Posse Scholarship for High School Senior is life changing! A scholarship for high school senior program from the Posse foundation has an outstanding success rate.
- Girl Scout Scholarships for High School Seniors are Unknown
- Catholic High School Scholarships Grants Programs
- Easy Tips on Scholarships for Private High Schools
- Outstanding Best Buy Scholarship for High School Students
- High School Essay Scholarship Contest in Writing from YAHSP
- VFW Audio High School Essay Scholarship Contest
- High School Scholarship Programs by Cargill
- Toshiba Exploravision Scholarship from NSTA for K- High School
- Unique Ace Scholarships for Private Schools K-12. The Ace Scholarship program pays up to $2000 annually for the lower grades and up to $3000 annually for students in grades nine through twelve.